Experiencing anger is a normal reaction. Expressing anger in a constructive fashion can be helpful to both yourself and others. However, when an expression of anger causes extreme emotions and unhealthy behavior it is important to determine if you have an anger management problem.
Five Anger Warning Signs
1. Losing Control: Responding with verbal and physical aggression that causes others to fear you. When you look back you regret what you said and did.
2. Regular Occurrence: Frustrating circumstances are resulting in almost daily outbursts of anger. The more often you become angry, the more likely anger has become an unhealthy personal habit.
3. Relationships Hurt: If others are uncomfortable confronting you with important issues because of past heated exchanges, your anger has damaged important relationships.
4. Long Periods of Rage: Thinking and continually talking about a frustrating experience. If you find yourself preoccupied with thoughts of vengeance and hate you are not controlling your anger. Your anger is controlling you!
5. Physical Symptoms: After becoming angry you find yourself having headaches, stomach problems and intense physical tension. These are symptoms of stress and can result in serious medical problems.
Experiencing the above anger warning signs is an indication you may very well have an anger management problem. Anger is learned. Everyone can obtain the skills to respond in a calm and effective fashion when faced with an anger provoking situation.
Short term anger management therapy can help you calm the storm and improve your quality of life.
Click here to find out about Associated Behavioral Consultants:
Anger Management Group Program
Leave a Reply.