Coping with the trials and tribulations
Without question relationships are perplexing and cause us intense frustrations. We think “we can’t live with or without our relationships”. So how does one cope with the trials and tribulations of relationships? Here are some basic assumptions about relationships which can help you understand relationship issues:
- Everyone perceives relationships differently.
- Relationships are constantly evolving and changing.
- Communication in relationships is often complex and can lead to misunderstandings
- Each person has different needs addressed by the relationship.
- Relationships are impacted by the societal pressures and stress.
- Positive relationship outcomes require much understanding and emotional maturity
- Often times one misunderstanding leads to another and further relationship difficulties.
The following are indicators of a relationship issue or problem:
- Frequent conflicts and anger associated with the relationship.
- Lack of honesty or trust in the relationship.
- Perception of being abused or mistreated in the relationship.
- A feeling of being rejected in the relationship.
- A sense of uncertainty and doubt in the relationship.
- Feeling disrespected in the relationship.
- A sense of being left out of the relationship
- Exposure to intense behaviors that create a sense of fear or uncertainty
- Lack of interest and/or sense of confusion associated with the relationship
- Legal or social problems created by the relationship.
If you can identify one or more of the above problems, you may have a serious relationship issue and should consider professional help. Need Help with relationship Issues? Contact Us